The Ziebarth's at the Grand Canyon

The Ziebarth's at the Grand Canyon
March 2014

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Summer 2011 is the best!

If you would have been listening in on some of my conversations lately with my hubby, you might have heard the exclamation, "This has truly been the best summer!" or something to that variation.

I have so enjoyed myself this summer. Since I am on a 'get-real' kick I must say that my previous summers, staying home all summer long, being 'stuck' at home instead of teaching has been hard at times. I love my kids with all that I am but I was made to be a teacher. I would dream of teaching...I mean, I would start lesson planning in July! But this summer my family has completely been my focus and I have loved it!

For one thing, the kids are all at really fun stages.
Mikah is becoming so independent and capable of doing so many things on his own. Hallelujah! He is funny, asks a million questions and he expects an answer. Now answering questions all the time might become tiring at times, but I also love how observant he is and being a teacher, I love his love for learning. That sounded ridiculous but it's true! He also started playing indoor soccer this summer and watching him out there running with a huge smile on his face is so much fun! Isn't he handsome?!?!Feliciti is so beautiful and loving. She is definitely attached to her Mommy! She must be holding my hand at all times or sitting by me or hugging me...you get the picture. I truly love how close we are and I foresee being as close to her as I am to my own Mom. We are considering putting her into a dance/cheer-leading class in the Fall because she is so flexible and she cheers for her brother at his soccer games! "Go Go G-O, Go Mikah Go! " I love it!
Madilyn just recently turned 2 last week! I can't believe that my gorgeous baby is already 2. I have watched her become such a comedic, compassionate, and truly brilliant little girl. Being the youngest where her 2 older siblings are both learning so much every day, she has picked up on so much! She can already count to 15! She speaks in complete sentences and she can understand what we are saying. She will always be our baby but I love watching who the Lord is shaping her to be.
It has been the most amazing and difficult journey of my life raising 3 kids and I am so blessed and honored that the Lord 'lent' them to us.

The second reason this summer rocks is that Justin and I have really enjoyed spending the summer together. For my graduation present, Justin bought me a trip to Vegas staying in the Paris hotel and it was a blast! We went right after school was out and the kids all stayed with our parents. (thanks guys!)

We enjoyed sight-seeing, penny slots, Justin played real-life Texas Hold Em, we both played craps, and roulette. It was so much fun! We also got to see the spectacular Cirque de Soleil Beatles Love show at the Mirage and it was unbelievable!! You can see all our fun below...
A tout a l'heure! (See you soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment