The Ziebarth's at the Grand Canyon

The Ziebarth's at the Grand Canyon
March 2014

Monday, August 1, 2011

Weight Loss Journey Update

Hello friends! It's been almost 7 weeks since I started my weight loss journey and I wanted to update you all with my progress. This is for accountability purposes as well as to help anyone out there on this journey along side me.

In almost 7 weeks, I have lost a total of.......drum roll please.......11.5 pounds!!!!!

I am super duper excited and beyond blessed to have acheived so much in such a small amount of time. I am beyond committed and it is working! I am working out 3-4 times a week with either the amazing boot camps (1 hour of intense toning and burn), 30 minute home workouts (cardio, squats, push ups, boot camp moves) or a quick 30-45 minute interval run around the neighborhood (1 minute walk, 1 minute run as fast as I can, 1 minute jog).

I am also watching every single morsel of food that goes into my mouth. Really! I drink at least 90 ounces of water a day, have cut down on soda except for perhaps 1-2 a week, have cut out fried foods except for once a week, and basically completely eliminated sweets such as candy etc. I am very picky about what goes in because I want it to count! Yes, I still struggle with temptations and struggle to always make great choices 100% of the time but you know what? It gets easier to listen to my body and stop when I need to stop eating. I can allow myself one bite of a delicious cookie Justin made because I know that is all I need.

Below you will see the before and after pictures taken at my boot camp. On the left is after the 2nd day of boot camp. Very sweaty...sorry. On the right is taken right after the last workout on the 6th week. The Beast...a.k.a Tanna our kick-butt trainer says that she notices the weight loss mostly in my face and my waist. I'll take it!!!
I can also tell you the changes in these pictures that you can't see are the inner confidence I feel after working so hard and the pride that I am getting my body back! I feel like a completely different woman!!!

I am far from done...I have 11 pounds to get to my next goal which is to my pre-3-kids weight! This will be a huge accomplishment for me because I have been claiming for so long that I want my pre-kids body back!!!!

That's all for now...I also love the great conversations I get to have with the kids about healthy foods and exercising. They have been asking great questions and I love it!

7 comments:

  1. You go girl!!!! That's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good.......Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fabulous! I notice a difference right away in your face and thighs. Keep it up, momma! I can't wait to see your next update

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go traci!! SO proud of you!

    ReplyDelete