The Ziebarth's at the Grand Canyon

The Ziebarth's at the Grand Canyon
March 2014

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Praying for my Precious Blessings...

I have a friend who is pregnant and having a girl soon and I wrote a comment on her blog about raising daughters...this comment really stirred my heart so I wanted to share it and expand on it with raising my amazing son too.


My Precious Princesses 
Madilyn 5 months, Feliciti 27 months
Feliciti 3 years 8 months, Madilyn 1 year 10 months 
Madilyn 2 years 6 months, Feliciti 4 years 4 months
Having 2 daughters, that I truly thought I would never have (Justin and I had the first Ziebarth girl in 4 generations!) is such an amazingly scary but beautiful thing.
 
I pray ALL the time for my baby girls...
-I pray for them to be Princesses of the Lord first and foremost.
-I pray for them to watch their Daddy and I love each other with all our hearts, be affectionate and show them a healthy relationship built solidly on the Lord.
-I pray that they run to Jesus to rescue them and not some boy.
-I pray for them to have sweet, genuine hearts that reach out to other girls instead of pushing them away.
-I pray that they drown in God's grace and depend on Him.
-I pray Feliciti and Madilyn truly protect, love and adore each other.
-I pray that my girls have girlfriends who are devoted, true and trusting lifelong friends.
-I pray that my angels find men who treat them with the love and devotion that their Heavenly Father treats them with. 

My Precious Prince
Mikah 3 months old
Mikah 3 years 2 months

Mikah 4 years 11 months
Mikah 5 years 11 months
I will also add that raising a boy is a sweet, awesome and terrifying experience.
-I am praying for Mikah to be a Godly man, who pursues righteousness and purity.
-I pray he looks at girls in the way that the Lord looks at them.
-I pray he is a man who respects all and knows that he doesn't have to pretend he's tough to impress others.
-I pray that Mikah looks at how his Daddy treats his girls and myself with love, respect and gentleness and learns to treat others the same.
-I pray that Mikah is a strong, faithful Christ-follower that races hard with perseverance and faith to preach the message of Christ to the world!
-I pray that my precious boy is a tender-hearted, loving and sweet boy to his Momma.


My Precious Blessings
October 2009
June 2010

December 2010

February 2011

April 2011

July 2011

October 2011
April 2012

I also pray fervently that all 3 of my babies give their lives to Christ: confess that they are sinners, that He died on a cross and was raised from the dead to save us from our selves and went up to heaven to prepare an amazing place for us all.  I pray that they fulfill their amazing potential and life-calling from the Lord whatever that may be.  I pray that they stay close to our hearts always and feel comfortable in coming to us with their many questions and concerns.

There are so many other prayers that I have daily...I find myself praying often for my babies...some days, when something bad happens with my HS teenagers, I pray that Jesus will return and take us with Him because I think raising our babies during this day and age is HARD!! 

I want so many things for my precious blessings and I think that with prayer and us calling out to God often, I believe they will happen.

Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.

The Lord in His infinite wisdom does work all things out for the good!  If you don't have any babies, this might be hard to understand...if you do have blessings, I hope this brought you to think of the amazing prayers you have for your kiddos.  I know it blessed my heart immensely.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment