The Ziebarth's at the Grand Canyon

The Ziebarth's at the Grand Canyon
March 2014

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

First False Alarm Ever

Last night on my way home from my parent's house, I was driving the kids along singing to "Wheels on the Bus" and other great songs having a blast with my two wonderful angels. When we got home, I noticed that my shorts felt a little damp. My first thought was "Geez was I sweating that bad?" Please keep in mind that I am continually sweating and always hot. Yuck I know.

So we go inside and I start to go through Feliciti's bedtime rituals. Diaper, pajamas, nite-nite book, prayers, and our goodnight song....and as I go through all of this my pants are feeling wetter and wetter. I am THOROUGHLY confused because I am not feeling anything going on to make it do this. So after putting her down, Mikah is using the potty like a big boy (post to come on that) and then I check to see what is going on. Without being too graphic, I wonder if my water has broken...

After putting Mikah down with all the same rituals, I go immediately online to see if this could be. Now to all of you who may be thinking, "This is your third child Traci, don't you know what it could be?" I had two forced inductions and they broke my water for me so I have no clue what this feels like/looks like etc. So all the sites I read say call your dr so I did. She said it sounded like my water had broken and to get to the hospital.

After hearing this, Justin and I realize we are so not ready with all the details of having Madilyn...our bags aren't packed, we dont know who will take the kids to Edna's in the morning, etc...so we rush around and get these details taken care of and then off we go to the hospital. (Don't call CPS on us- a neighbor came over while the kids slept)

Ok this post is getting really long so needless to say, my water did not break, I am dilated to a 1.5 and I was/am incredibly disappointed. I am so bombarded with emotions right now: frustration, disappointment, exhaustion, sadness, embarrassment, loneliness...I am so ready to just welcome my beautiful daughter Madilyn into this world and start our completed family's journey.

Please be praying for me and our family as we round out the last week and a half...

No comments:

Post a Comment